
So, true to fashion, Chicago winters suck! Like I have said before, winter is not my favorite. It's ok for the holidays but after that, bye-bye. Although I have this thing with pine trees and snow on them. I find them beautiful. Here is one in my backyard. Isn't my yard awesome? I-55 is part of it you know. Anyways this winter has been extra snowy so far. Well, here we are again and now a blizzard warning is upon us starting at midnight. It has been snowing and now the winds are supposed to pick up and cause much blowing and drifting. This may make it hard to drive tomorrow. Plus, it's supposed to be below zero with the wind chill. Yuck! (I swear I was a meteorologist in my previous life. Tom Skilling is my hero you know.) I hate bundling up in this weather and I hate doing bus duty at school in it as well. Well, I did my duty for today and won't have to do it again until next week thank goodness. There is a possibility that the buses will not be able to start in the morning which will result in a snow day. This happened last year. There could be good news in the morning. One of the best things about being a teacher is that call you get in the morning. "School closed" they say. And that puts a smile on my face. Snow days: you loved 'em as a kid and you love them more as an adult!

No comments:
Post a Comment