Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Heart Elmo!







A few months ago, my sister Amy, called in a radio station to asnwer a question. The answer she gave was the movie "Baby Boom." (That is a fabulous movie too.) Well, turns out she won 4 free tickets to see Elmo and the Sesame Street gang live at the Rialto. Well today was the big day! We have been prepping Gracie for weeks on the characters. While she can't say their names yet, she points to the characters when you ask her. So we ventured to downtown Joliet today to go see Elmo. It was such a cute show. Now I loved Sesame Street back when I was a kid so it was pretty cool. Besides some new characters that I don't know, they played some old school songs that I remember from my Sesame Street record. (I used to play that on my Fisher Price record player. Guess that shows my age!) Anyways, lots of singing and dancing. There were so many kids there and some were even dancing in the aisles. Gracie took turns sitting on our laps watching the show. She was so good. She kept pointing at the characters and even clapped along later on. During intermission, they sold these Elmo balloons and when we went to the lobby, she just thought they were so cool. She kept staring at them. So of course on the way out of the show, we stopped to buy an $8 Elmo head balloon! We also have the program book so that is her new favorite book now. It was a great day the theater!

No comments: