Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Elvis!




The King was born this day 74 years ago. I know because it is printed right next to me on Chuck's Elvis calendar. Elvis is Chucks's idol and sort of mine too. Years before we were married, we ventured down to Graceland. We stayed in the Heartbreak Hotel (a suite I might add), we toured the house, we even set foot on the Lisa Marie. It was a fun experience. We even tried peanut butter and banana sandwiches just like the King himself. At our wedding, Elvis sang us our first dance song, "Can't Help Falling in Love." Then we finished off the basement and set up a shrine to Elvis down there. (I should mention that there is far more Wizard of Oz stuff in the basement.) Then we got to thinking of baby names and I suggested "Grace" because I liked the name and "Lynn" because that's what Chuck's mom's name was. Put them together what do you got? Grace Lynn! How clever we are. If we ever have a boy, his name will be Presley. Anyways, then we had our beautiful daughter Grace Lynn and the Elvis stuff had to come down to make room for toys. Well Gracie has NEVER been without some form of Elvis memorbilia. We have the Elvis Elmo who sings "Blue Suede Shoes" and "All Shook Up." Grace has many shirts (mostly bought by daddy) with pictures or sayings of Elvis on them. So it's only fitting that we salute the King today. Elvis, if you're listening, keep rocking the heavens!

No comments: