Sunday, January 18, 2009

No, not pregnant, just fat!


So one of my resolutions went into effect today! I went back to the gym! Now, I shouldn't be saying this but I haven't been there probably since like April! Yep. I pay money every month for nothing basically. Well today I said "I am going to go to the gym!" And I did. Even before I was pregnant, parents at my school would stop and congratulate me. I would say "thanks" but thinking they were talking about my marriage but I just thought they were a few years too late. Well one day, a parent asked me when I was due. I about fainted. Umm, never was the answer. Now, in my mind, I was not fat before I got pregnant. Sure I may have had a little gut and yes, I wasn't the size I was when I got married but come on people, I was not fat! Now, ok I admit, weight? A little bit more of an issue. I can no longer use the excuse that I just had a baby. My baby is almost 19 months old! I can fit in my pre-baby pants but the flabby belly I am convinced is NEVER going to go away. Last year, I went through a few workout streaks and even dusted off the ab-roller. Well sure enough, the other day, an older teacher this time asked me when I was going to have another baby. As I joked, "Yeah, I know like I look like I'm pregnant but I am not", her response was "Yeah, you look a little fluffy down there." Yikes! I don't want to be the "fluffy" teacher! So first after thinking about eventually going back, my mind is made up that yes, I would like to workout again. I don't pay too much money and I do get free babysitting, free tanning and free suana there so that is a plus. I went today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I actually felt better after going! My BFF Lindsay is my workout buddy. I go to Ladies Workout Express because for one, it's right by my house, 2, there are only girls (when I went to Cardinal, boys would be hovering over me trying to get on my machine and I didn't like that) and 3, they have classes. Well turns out, they even have a mommy and me workout class! Finally something I can do with Gracie. (stupid park district!) Tomorrow I plan on going to Zumba, which is a dance class so I can learn to shake it like Christina. Ok, maybe not like Christina, but I can learn some new moves that will surely impress you all! And from now on I vow that when people ask when I am due, I will smile and say "in 9 months after I get pregnant!"

No comments: