Gracie is in Vacation Bible School this week. She loves it so that it good. I am excited that I put her in this. I am not the best with teaching and explaining all about religion. I don't know many moms that are. I attended a Catholic school for 8 years and grew up going to church every Sunday. It kind of fell off though once I got to be in college. I did have all my kids baptized and I got married in a Catholic church. The thing about my church though is that it's not the most conveinent. I know all churches have their own set ways and thier own set times for mass and all of that. I briefly looked into what a Catholic education would be like but realized that it would not be affordable. I like the fact that they have an all-day kindergarten but it would be like a car payment every month and that is something we can't manage right now. Plus, it means double in a couple of years. Not only is attending the school expensive, so is the religious ed. classes they offer. It still is quite costly and not conveinet for us. It doesn't start until first grade and it is during the weeknights. I now you have to weigh your options and see just how much you value your beliefs but with Chucks' work schedule and me being with the 3 kids, well it's not always that easy. I have my beliefs and I believe what I believe and that's what is important to me. I don't want to tell my kids what to believe but I do want them to be exposed to some religous background. I haven't done much in the way of talking about Jesus or praying with the kids so I need a little help. With a friend, we found our way to a new church. It's a luthern church and it's a little different that what I'm used to but we have tried it and we like it! Not only do they offer Sunday school classes for free during mass, they also have a nursery to send the little ones (my church also does not provide that) that way I can actually listen to the readings and the sermons and not have to try to keep 2 little kids busy and quiet. Gracie is learning some good things and she likes it too. So when I found out they were offering a vacation bible school, I jumped at the chance to get her to go. It's only for 1 week but I think what they do is some valuable teaching that I struggle to do at home. She is learning a lot, singing some new songs about Jesus and God and most of all, having fun!
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment