You know me and my Park District.....LOVE it!!!
All the classes and the teachers that we have met across the last couple of years have been awesome! So now that my twins are 2, they can particpate in more things. This summer, besides the Rockin' Tots class which we loved, we are enrolled in a class called Little Rainbows. It's a 4 week class that meets for 45 minutes once a week and each week, we focus on a different color. When I signed them up, they knew their colors but mixed them up. Now they can pretty much tell you the color but this class also focuses on motor skills and socializing too. Last week, the first week, the color was red. So we wore red. We started out by sitting on the rug in the background. This was actually Gracie's preschool classroom so Evie and Presley thought that was pretty cool. Miss Kelly, the teacher, red a story about the color red and we sang a song about red. Then we got to make a ladybug craft.
Using markers and glue is a pretty big deal!
I really need to make more crafts with my kids at home. They loved it.
Here they are showing off their ladybugs. I have a special place in my heart for ladybugs too because that was the symbol for my sorority in college.
Besides my 2 kids, there are only 3 other kids in the class so it is perfect. Lots of room to move around. Miss Kelly set out different stations, all incorportaing the color red. The kids could move and play at thier own pace. Here we are color sorting by picking out the red dinosaurs. Using the tongs was pretty neat.
We got to hammer although we didn't use just the red nails. This was right up Bub's alley!
Red playdough! They love this stuff too. I just don't take it out a lot at home because it's messy and they mix the colors. You get the idea.
We played with red objects in the water table.
And we played with red shaving cream and made shapes.
Oh, and we also cooked all kinds of red foods like strawberries, tomoatoes, and apples.
Today the color was orange and yellow. We also brought some objects from home to share. Of course we brought a yellow bug! I actually used to be the proud owner of one and loved it. Best car ever! It really hit me how big my kids are getting by watching them sit on the rug like such big kids.
After reading a story about yellow ducklings, we got to make one!
I love that they love crafts! Gracie is the same way. I need to set a day every week that we make a craft. It's as simple as you want it to be. And with Pinterest.......there are thousands of ideas!
Today we went fishing for yellow things.
We also played with yellow flubber. This stuff was really neat and not messy. Miss Kelly gave me the recipe!
We had yellow playdough this week and made yellowish foods like pancakes, french fries, potatoes, and chicken nuggets.
We also had fun with the big yellow bucket of rice. I actually made my own tub of this at home. Not sure if I posted about it but will have to do it again. I bought rice and beans and dyed them different colors. My kids love it. Throw in some pots, pans, cups, and spoons, and they are busy bees! I just bought a plastic tote to put mine in.
Presley had fun drawing with yellow and orange markers and blobbers. Look at his orange circle he drew all by himself! He was like "Look at my orange circle Mommy!" What a big boy!
Evie had fun with the ink dobbers. We have these at home too but they are expensive and you gotta make sure the caps are on tightly or they dry out.
Ah, stampers. Again, have a whole baskets of inkpads and stampers at home. We use them here and there.
Then we went back to the playdough one last time. They had fun making snowmen this time.
I'm glad to have this time with just the two of them. They have so much fun and I do too. Next week the color is green!

No comments:
Post a Comment