Sunday, July 15, 2012

Daddy's Birthday Weeked with the kids and The Kid!

Today is my husband's Chuck's birthday. Happy birthday baby!  It's been a fun weekend full of fun and surprises.  We'll go a little backwards here but today after church, we headed to Daddy's second home and gave him this Avenger's balloon.  He loved it! 
We had fun wishing daddy a happy birthday.
But really what we came to Menards to do was play house.

My kids love playing with the doors.  They knock and let each other in and pretend they are going to different places.
I used to do this as a kid too.
They always have fun coming to Menards to play with the doors.
Now we'll backtrack to Friday.  We (the kids) had a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's!  They were so excited to pack all thier suitcases.  By the way, Gracie picked out her outfit all by herself!

I packed thier clothes inside and they packed toys and movies inside by themselves.
I think their favorite part was pulling them around though.
Presley was so proud that he even packed his "Baby Logan" (my cousin's little boy) inside his bag.
Don't worry, I did pack some matching clothes for this one in her suitcase.
The reason for the sleepover was that I surprised Chuck with tickets to Kid Rock!  I heard on the radio like a week ago that he was coming in concert so I came home and looked it up. He was playing in Peru, Illinois at the Peru Regional Airport.  You had to get tickets through this restaurant in Peru.  It all sounded shady to me but turned out really good.
Chuck's BFF, Mark got tickets too.  It would have been a surprise for him too had I not posted about it on Facebook. Oops.  Sorry Anne!
We drove there and we were in the middle of a cornfield for this concert.  It was pretty crowded though.  I think I heard someone say that there were 10,000 tickets sold!
I bought Chuck a shirt and Mark got the same one.  Aren't they cute?
Kid Rock did put on a good show. The boy stood like up 15 rows away from the stage but Anne and I stayed back.  There wasn't a bad seat anyways.  It was like a big field with a concrete patch in the middle.
We had fun though.  It was nice to be out.  We were trying to remember the last time we were on a double date with no kids.  We're stilly trying to figure that one out!
 I am so glad that I surprised him!  I even had to have him ask his boss to let him out early so that he could go.
Next to Elvis, this boy LOVES his Kid Rock.  I vaguely have memories of Eastern, Chuck, and Kid Rock.  Enough said.
It was a great night out.  It wasn't too hot, it didn't rain, we had no kids, and we got to have adult beverages for a hefty fee! 

Good times!  Happy Birthday Chuck!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Aww that is so cute! I love that Presley packed his "Baby Logan"!