Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School's Out for the Summer!


It's 1:15 pm on Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009, and we have T-minus 2 hours and 15 minutes left of this school year! Somehow I managed to make it through another year. It's hard to beleive that I have just completed my 8th year of teaching! Even though I complain about working, I will miss the people I work with. Some are retiring and moving away so it is hard. As for the kids.......myabe I might miss a few! So now it's just finding ways to pass the time and make it to 3:30. Then it's PARTY TIME!!! Every year the teachers have a party to celebrate another year completed! Some families are very generous too because one benefit to being an elementary teacher is sometimes you get gifts. Today I got flowers, chocolate, Barnes and Noble gift cards, Babies R Us gift cards, matching sleepers and onesies for the twins, stretch mark cream, a bracelet and some Bath and Body Works stuff. Cool! The last day of school we also always watch my favorite movie ever-The Wizard of Oz. We are watching that now and then we will play End of the Year Jeopardy. Then I have candy awards to pass out. They are funny. Some kids get a Take 5 bar because they worked so hard all year, they deserve a break. Some get a Payday candybar because they had to pay a lot of money (my behavior system), some get gummy worms because they can't sit still. Some get Snickers because they are the class clown and so on. Anyways, I got 2 months of freedom ahead of me. Gracie and I will abe hanging out, going to the zoo, going to swim lessons, going to storytime and music class. Chuck and I will be selling our house, having a garage sale, and attending mulitples classes at the hospital. It will be a great summer. Gracie turns 2 soon and Chuck turns 34. Anyways, just wanted to share the greatest news ever. SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!! (pretty soon anyways)

No comments: