.jpg)
.jpg)
Yes, yes, thankfully teachers only work 9 months out of the year! Every year we have a "last day of school" party. This year was no exception. Sunshine gives some money towards meat and booze and we grill out, bring dishes to pass and drink up! We always have it at Patti's house because she has the most fabulous yard which holds the awesome kareoke stage! I have to say that I am pretty good at it and usually perform like a rockstar. One year we even formed a band called "milk" after all the white rappers that have names that have to do with white stuff (vanilla ice, snow, etc.) This year however, not planning the pregnancy thing too well, I was not able to partake in some of the activities. Because of that, I was not able to perform like I otherwise normally would. It was fun to be on the other side though and actually laugh at people and not have them laughing at me. I ate and drank my kitty cocktails and ate some smores. Like I said,most people would say we have an easy job. Let me tell you that it is anything but that! If you had to deal with the same 25-30 kids eveyday, for 180 days, for 6 1/2 hours a day......most would not survive! You always get the few "special" ones that make you really look forward to this day!
.jpg)
Anyways, this was also sort of a sad party because my very good friend, Dana is moving to Ohio. We have had some wonderful years working together with her. She immediately became my BFF when I discovered she kept Airheads and Rice Krispie treats in her classroom. Something about being at school always makes you hungry. She gave me many good laughs I will always remember too like locking herself in the bathroom, writing to Shel Silverstein even though he died years ago, and telling many countless stories that only she could tell that would make you want to pee your pants! I wrote her a little poem called "there's no place like 3rd grade" so she can remember our supercool team! It worked well with the picture from when we all dressed up like the wizard of oz. So as I say "hello" to summer, I am also saying "goodbye" to my girl Dana! I love you dude and I will miss you!
.jpg)
Anyways, this was also sort of a sad party because my very good friend, Dana is moving to Ohio. We have had some wonderful years working together with her. She immediately became my BFF when I discovered she kept Airheads and Rice Krispie treats in her classroom. Something about being at school always makes you hungry. She gave me many good laughs I will always remember too like locking herself in the bathroom, writing to Shel Silverstein even though he died years ago, and telling many countless stories that only she could tell that would make you want to pee your pants! I wrote her a little poem called "there's no place like 3rd grade" so she can remember our supercool team! It worked well with the picture from when we all dressed up like the wizard of oz. So as I say "hello" to summer, I am also saying "goodbye" to my girl Dana! I love you dude and I will miss you!

1 comment:
Wizard of Oz ALWAYS makes me think of you Krissy!!!!! And AHHH! CONGRATULATIONS! Pregnant with TWINS?! That's so exciting!!!!! :)
Post a Comment