Friday, June 12, 2009

A Counting Cutie

Today, on Friday, June 12, 2009, my daughter, Gracie, counted to 10! It was so exciting to see and hear! Gracie is obsessed with books. I mean, that's all we do, read, read, read. You think I would be excited since I am afterall, a teacher and have my Master's in reading, but seriously, that's all we do. We read the same books over and over and over again. There is no shortage of children's books in our house either. For one, for my baby shower, everyone brought a book. Also, I have some books from when I was little and I always order Gracie cheap books through the boor orders at school, even get some free by doing a little scamming! I also go to Barnes and Noble because I get a teacher discount. There are a ton of numer books out there and here are some that we own and read frequently. Anyways, one of Gracie's current favorites is this numbers book that I got at the Target dollar spot. I couldn't even find a picture of it online. For weeks we have been practicing counting. She has been saying "1, 2, 3, go" and lately has been able to count to 7 with the book. Well yesterday I noticed she was saying "8: This evening, Chuck was reading the book with her and she said all the numbers 1-10! My child is a genius! I am so pround of her! Now we need to do some work with the ABC's. Good job Gracie Girl! Mommy and Daddy are very proud of you!






No comments: