Sunday, February 1, 2009

Muffin Tops

What the heck? Why are muffin tops so hard to go away? This has got to be the most frustrating thing associated with pregnancy. This flabby belly that you are left with is not flattering at all. I look at mine in the mirror and think "is thing for real?" I have been obsessing over it the last few days mainly because I went to the dentist the other day and the dental hygenist asked me how far along I was. Now mind you I was in swishy pants and a sweatshirt. I looked around to see if she was talking to me and indeed she was. I told her that I am not expecting and she sort of laughed and said "oh, I shouldn't have asked." That's right lady you shouldn't have. And then to make matters worse, I had to spend the next half hour starting at her ugly face and looking up her nose while she cleaned my teeth. Ahgg! I mean, do I have sign on my head that says "Please ask me if I am pregnant? Then I came home crying to my husband and told him the story. I was waiting for him to say something nice like "Well you still look beautiful to me" or "She doesn't know what she is talking about" but nope. He just listened and then walked away! Well, then I am guessing he must think the same so I cried some more and went to bed at 5:30 that night. So since then, the abroller has been dusted off yet again and seeing some action. I admit I gained quite a few pounds during pregnancy and it was very hard to lose. Over the summer I thought I was just about back to normal but since then I must have let myself go again. This happened before I was pregnant as well and my friend made me a t-shirt that said "No, I am not pregnant." I need to get that out again and write with permenant marker and the bottom "just fat." I was reading the other day at the gym that some moms refer to it as their "mummy tummy" so I guess that's what I am stuck with for the time being.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm right there with ya sweetie. I have a serious muffin top that just won't give up. Don't you wish you could just eat it off? Although...i guess that is how we got into this situation in the first place. Hahaha!