Monday, June 4, 2012

Just the Start....

Today was the first real Monday that of what is known as "summer vacation." (Although 3 young kids hardly is close to a vacation, but I love being with 'em anyway).  If you know me, you know I like to keep busy.  I love not working but I loathe hanging out in the townhome ALL day so I make plans to get out for a little bit each day.  Today we called up some buddies and headed over to the library for a little storytime.  Now Evie and Gracie were into it.  Evie ran right up to the little old lady and sat and listened perfectly.  Gracie sat quietly too.  Presley, (here's the part that's not close to that vacation thing), he was Mr. Crabbypants, who woke up at 4:30 this morning. He was crabby as all hell and whined and cried pretty much the entire time.  Anytime I asked hime anything, he replied with a loud "NO."  Well, this was just not his thing today and he ran away like 2 times!  I had to ditch my other kids and run to get him!  Stinker!  I was so ready to beat his butt!  Eventually he perked up when it was time to get some pom-poms.  The kids had fun singing and dancing with them.

You can see my son hanging out by his lonesome by the wall.  (Which was the wall he decided to run around when I had to chase him). But what a great sis little Evie is, she was just cheering right in his face.  Of course, he was not in the mood to have that either!
Then it was time for crafting.  We listened to stories about gardening and growing vegetables so the kids got to make their own vegetable soup picture. That calmed Mr. Crabbypants down a bit.  Glueing was bit soothing for the tired man.  Jackson and Evie liked it too.
So did Gracie, Levi, and Scotty.
After that, we headed to Mickey D's, where I have some sweet deals on Happy Meals and we ate lucnh and played with Scotty and Levi.  I did not take any pics.  I was too tired from dealing with the pissy pants.  Then after that, we met my friend Laurie at the park to wear my kids out even more and hung out with Cullen and Mason.  Again, no pics. But after some naps and a rather frustrating dinner (chicken that I marinated and baked all by myself, I might add) we walked to the park to feed some fish.

Jackson came and went with us.
I tried to explain that you have to tear little baby pieces of bread.
But Evie thought I said we were feeding whales and she was throwing in whole pieces!
And Jackson decided that he would rather eat the bread than give it to his fishy friends.
We played at the park for a bit before braving the trails home. 




A very busy, fun, and yet major exhausting day.  And I am looking forward to many more!

No comments: