Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the daddies and grandpas and uncles out there! 
We had a busy kind-of-day as usual.  Daddy had to work (surprised?) so we stopped and picked up Daddy some lunch and headed to Menards.  He got to take a break and eat with us and we got to give him some presents.  One thing that we made, which I think is priceless, is this.  I interviewed Gracie asking her questions about her Daddy and she answered them.  I typed them up and printed it out and put it in a frame. A couple of my favorite things she said is that he is 65 years old, he really loves to watch grown-up moives, and her favorite thing to do with him is spend time with just the two of them. 
Here we are eating at the classy Menards cafe! 
Here is Daddy with his girls.  I had them wear shirts that said something about Daddy.  Cheesy but super cute in my opinion.
This is Daddy's number one girl right here.  I have to be honest, sometimes I think about her wedding day (which is far away but will come soon enough) and I hear that song called "I loved her first" on the radio and I cry.  Everytime.  I picture them dancing to this song at her wedding. 
Here is Presley with his superhero....aka Daddy!

Evie is just cool like Daddy.
And this stud muffin is just rad like dad!
After visiting Daddy, we headed to a new splashpark by our house.  It's really nice and wasn't crowded.  They also have a park which is always nice too.  Gracie was brave enough to stand under the buckets that dump water.
Evie had fun running around with her little crocs.
Surprisingly, they all had fun running through the "car wash".  I think being at the waterpark in the Dells last week helped with some water fears.  Good thing too.  We start swim lessons tomorrow.
 


Then we headed to a cookout over at Grandpa's house.  Gracie again answered some questions about Grandpa.  Some of my favorites are that Grandpa laughs everytime she "donks" him, when he has freetime, he likes to pick things up and that he is so strong that he can lift a whole bunch of maps and books! 

I'm pretty sure Grandpa loved it and that it will be going on his desk in his office.
And like Mother's Day, we made Grandpa a set of "I heart Grandpa" blocks.  He needs a set in his office.
The girls were so proud of thier painting skills.
And this picture, what can I say?  Love it! 
I am very blessed to have such a wonderful Dad and Grandpa to my kids.  He always has time to play with them and I love seeing the twinkle in his eye when he sees them.  They are his pride and joy and they are lucky to have such a great Grandpa.
I am also very lucky to have such a great baby daddy.  He is great with my kids and if anything, they always pick him over me.  He is the kind of dad that gets down on the floor and plays with the kids.  He loves these kids so much and it shows in all the hugs and cuddles he gets in return. 
To my dad and hubby, thanks for everything you do for us!  We love you!  Happy Father's Day! 



1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi! I found your blog from A Daily Dose of Davis. I noticed that you posted about the Ottawa Street Pool & assume you live at least close to Plainfield-as do I! I'm SO curious: where is that new splash pad?! It looks so fun! Thanks!