'Twas the Night Before Christmas....
Our Christmas Eve was anything short of wonderful.
For starters, it snowed!
I'm not big on snow except for Christmas. It was sort of magical today with it being Christmas Eve and all the snow. And pine trees with snow are so Christmasy. They are beautiful. They remind me so much of my Grandma who I miss so dearly especially at Christmas.
Then we made some cookies today. Some were for Santa but lots of them ended up in our tummies. And not just Gracie, Grandpa, and I....
But these two LOVE cookies too!

Then it was time for pajama Christmas Eve (a new tradition we are starting) over at Grandma and Grandpa's. We all wore our p.j.'s (except for Grandpa) and had soup and salad for dinner with peppermint pie from Baker's Square for dessert. Yummy!
Evie and Presley decided that they wanted to hear Bing again. We all also got a musical instrument from Gracie and sang "Jingle Bells", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", "Frosty the Snowman", and "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" because those are the songs Gracie knows real well!

Then it was time to pose in our Christmas jammies. You all know me and the matching thing so we have been wearing our jammies all month. They are cute though!

And speaking of matching jammies, Grandma decided that her, Auntie Amy, and I would also have matching jammie pants. Very festive! And comfy!

I wanted a family picture but you know how it is with kids.....it's hard to get a good one where everybody is looking and smiling. But this will work. I'm just glad Bubby didn't whack me with his drumsticks that he refused to put down all night!

Grandma almost got hit too! I think we have a little drummer boy on our hands.

He is a little rockstar!

And this little bean is a handful and into everything. But she does it with a smile!

Gracie had fun making "food" for us all night and kept telling Grandma that Santa was coming tonight! She is so excited. And I am so excited about that. I really don't know if I can sleep tonight. I can't wait to see her face tomorrow morning!

And little Evie here will be helping her big sis tear open those packages tomorrow too. She is a curious little girl.

During singing, we also decided to do a little marching band. So we put the twins up on our shoulders.


Then it was time to wind down and get ready to go home. Afterall, an early bedtime is a must on Christmas Eve!

But there was no convincing Gracie. She was wound up all day and did not nap.

We had to get home though so we could leave out our cookies and milk for Santa.

And I know Santa has a busy night ahead of him in our household.
I hope everyone has a great and Merry Christmas! It truly is the best time of the year!
And to quote one of the greatest Christmas stories.....
'Twas the night before Christmas,
and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring,
not even a mouse.
The children were nestled all snug in thier beds......"
No comments:
Post a Comment