Gracie had preschool orientation yesterday and she was excited!
We got to go with her too so we all could meet her new teachers, Miss Coleen and Miss Jane. They seem very nice and we have heard such wonderful things about them. They already got to know Gracie a bit while we got to have a parents meeting.

It was pretty much the same thing as lasy year as this is her second year in preschool. This year she gets to go Monday, Wednesday, Friday, because that's what 4 year olds do. They will still focus on a letter and a theme a week. We already got the snack schedule for the month of September but because Gracie doesn't have a birthday and her last name starts with a "W", we probably won't have a turn until October. They are going to teach the 18 kids who are in her class big and little letters which Gracie has come a long way this summer writing them. They are going to do lots of motor activites, arts and crafts, circle time, and sharing time. When it's their turn to bring in snack, they also get to bring something for show-and-share. We did this last year too but it prepares the kids for public speaking. I have already volunteered to help at a party, they will let me know which party. Last year I got to help at the Halloween party. So it will be that again, or the Valentine party or the end of the year party. They don't have Christmas parties because they have a holiday program and potluck lunch. The one thing I am excited for this year is that they will have parent sign-up volunteer for help in the classroom. Um, hello? Sign me up! I got sick days right? That is so up my alley and I would and am so excited to help out in her room! Talk about having the tables turned now. I like this side of it!

So that's about it. We have been really happy with the Plainfield Park District Great Adventures preschool program. They provide a bag that Gracie can decorate and we don't have to get any school supplies, it's included in the price. Of course I would be willing to donate if they needed anything though. She has lots of familiar faces in her class from last year too: Ava, Kendal, Bella, Henry, Michael, and Grace Ann. That will help too. I am jsut so proud of her and teared up a little just thinking about this being her last year of preschool. This time next year, she will be a big girl in Kindergarten! But for now we'll just focus on this year. Gracie's first day is Wednesday and I intend to drop her off and pick her up for the first day. I will only her to see that face once on her first day of preschool and I wouldn't miss it for anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment