Monday, November 10, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Presley and Evie!

I just can't believe that in a few hours my babies are going to be 5! Where did the time go? When they were babies and the tired, fuzzy feelings were daily, I thought this day would never come! It seemed like forever away and now....what I would give to go back in time just for a minute to hold my babies in my arms and never let them get older. I think it's hard because they are my babies. That's it. There isn't any more. Once this age passes, I will never experience it through my child's eyes again. I want to bottle it all up and keep it forever. I think them turning 5 has been a little harder than the other birthdays. 5 is kind of a big deal. It's like one of those milestone birthdays. They'll start Kindergarten. And once they hit that, time goes even faster. Slow down! But before I get all weepy, take a look at what I mean. I mean have you ever seen such cute babies? Enjoy a quick trip down memory lane and then grab a tissue because I wrote something special for each of them at the end of all the beautiful pictures. (Thanks Jessica Jill Photography).

Just days old.



6 months.

1 year.

9 months. A little out of order.

1 year old.


18 months.

3 years. For the life of me, I couldn't find their 2 year pics.





4 years.




And now 5 years old!






























My Presley

Happy 5th birthday Presley!
It seems like yesterday you were my little baby
even though I didn't know what you were going to be
I thought one of you would be a boy maybe

You came out as big as can be
"a big baby boy" was what the doctors were saying
I smiled as I heard those words
8 pounds was what you were weighing

You were so cute with all your rolls
You instantly became my little "Bubby"
I loved you the minute I saw you
You were so handsome and chubby

You were a great baby
Mainly you pooped, slept, and ate
You loved to be in the swing
And when you smiled at me, it was great

You grew up so fast
In the blink of an eye
And now you are turning 5
I find myself asking "why?"

You are becoming quite the little man
You go to preschool everyday
Miss Meghan is your teacher in the yellow lion room
and you grab your Spiderman backpack as you go on your way

Your love the Cubs
and your favorite colors are orange and blue
You love Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, cars,
and Superheroes too

You finally have your own "boy" room
of course you wanted it painted blue
You finally have a place for all your toys
and you finally have a big bed too.

You love to sing
You love to dance
You also play t-ball
and when you bat, the other team doesn't stand a chance

You know all your letters and numbers
And you love when I read to you
You always look out for your two sisters
And I know they love you too.

I can't wait to see what happens when you grow up
although I'll always long for the days of when you were a baby
No doubt you will do something great
You said you might be a police officer maybe

So I'll continue to enjoy the ride
of watching you turn into a little man
But no matter where life takes you
know that I will always love you as much as I can.

Love, Mommy


My Evie

Happy Birthday to my Evie Beanie
You were my wonderful little extra surprise
I dreamed I would have another baby girl
And I knew it was true when I heard your first cries

You were my little peanut
Before I knew you, you were "Baby B"
You were born weighing 6 pounds
But you were as beautiful as could be

You were my little snuggler
I often sat and would hold you all night
I looked down at your cute little face
And knew that everything was going to be all right

You were Little Miss Smiley from the beginning
Looking at all your pictures, you always had a smile 
You were always such a happy girl
And I hope you continue to stay that way for a long while

But time flew and you grew up fast
Faster than I ever imagined it could
And if I could do it all over again,
In a heartbeat, I know I would

You have become the sweetest girl
And you love to often help me
You always ask me if you can
And of course that's what I love to see

You love to read books and make up stories
You play with your dolls and act out drama
You love babies and take good care of them
One day I know, you'll make a wonderful mama

You love to make crafts
And love the colors yellow and pink
Sleeping Beauty is your favorite
But you love all the princesses I think

When you grow up, you say you want to be a princess
I know your mine and that is true
You love to dress up and are my little fashionista
And you love to buy clothes that are new

You love to write and draw pictures
You go to school everyday
You are in Blue Bikes with Miss Lynn
And I'm watching you get smarter in every way

I cherish every moment that I am with you
You are what makes my world go round
Some days I just look at you in awe
And you smile without making a sound

I hope all your wishes come true
And I can't wait to continue to watch you grow
You make me happier than I ever could be
Happy birthday my sweet girl, I love you so.

Love, Mommy




No comments: