Monday, June 2, 2014

Last Day of First Grade!

Well summer is here and I'm already slacking. Last Friday was the last day of school for Gracie and me.  Gracie's last day of first grade hit me a little hard.
 
She grew SO much in this past year.  She learned so much and is always stating facts that she learned especially in science about the sun, the moon, the planets, and caterpillers and butterflies.  She went from being barely being able to read to reading chapter books her own.  She loves the Puppy Place series. She suceeded in math knowing all her addition and subtraction facts.  I even had her write her own board this time.  Yes, we need a little help with handwriting (she gets that from me) and we will work on it this summer.
 
She made lots of new friends this year and even grew socially. She even got on yellow once for talking!
 
She had a great teacher.  Her love for the kids and passion to teach them was incedible.
 
She even made a new BFF this year, Miss Jackie.  The girls had so much fun together.
 
Thank you for a great first grade year Miss Stewart!  You will be missed.  You have done more than prepare my daughter for first grade, you gave her a love of school and learning.  I can't believe I have a second grader already!  How is that possible?

No comments: