I know I am a little behind but a couple of weeks ago Miss Gracie
decided that she was ready to get her ears pierced!
We went to Claire's at the mall. I told her that I was 7 when I got my ears pierced so if she wanted to do it as part of her birthday present, then she could. She decided that she wanted to do that.
She was excited to pick out her starter earrings. The lady put the purple dots on her ears to show where they would go.
They had to do one ear at a time but she didn't cry! She freaked out a little bit but that's it.
And within seconds....wall-a! Hello Kitty earrings!
Of course we had to pick out some more earrings for when she can change them. We got our ear piercing kit and she has been really good about cleaning her ears 3 times a day so that they don't get infected. She is so proud of herself. I asked her if she felt more cooler or grown-up. She said "Nope. I just feel like myself."
My big girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment