Well, one thing that I am enjoying about teaching 2nd grade this year is the fact that the kids are younger so I decided I would bring in an Elf on the Shelf. I didn't spend the bucks to get "the" one. I bought the stuffed one that is meant to be played with, hugged, all that. Although my kids are not allowed to touch him! When we got back from Thanksgiving break last week, there he was!
The kids were so excited so we had to vote on a name for him right away. Check out our list of names.
We decided on Jingles.
Santa even left the class a note too.
So one morning we came in to see all of our word wall words turned upside down!
Silly Jingles!
Another morning, he used our connecting cubes to make a Christmas tree!
One day he also signed himself up for read to self at the Daily 5 station.
And sure enough, we found him on the bookshelf reading a book.
There was one day he didn't come because he left us a note stating that he had to rest because he had such a headache from all the chit-chatting.
But tomorrow morning, he will have decorated our classroom with photocopies of himself. Looks like he had some fun with the copy machine.
The kids really love him and they have been writing him notes. It got to hard to keep up to individually write them back so he has been leaving one note for the whole class. Can't wait to see what classroom capers he comes up with week.

No comments:
Post a Comment