Wednesday, August 14, 2013

"Twas the Night Before School Starts......

Well, tomorrow is it. The BIG day! I just put to bed a first grader and 2 preschoolers.  Where has the summer gone?  More importantly, where has the summer gone?  Never in my life have I felt older.  I can't believe this will be the first year that all my babies are in school.  I don't have toddlers anymore.  I have fully potty trained kids whose backpacks are packed and ready to go and first day school clothes picked out by themselves.  Sigh.
This morning was meet and greet at Evie and Presley's new preschool.  They are not attending the same preschool Gracie went too.  They will be going to Bonnie McBeth, the preschool in my school district.  This is them walking proudly into school this morning.
 
Seriously.....wasn't it just yesterday they were growing inside my huge belly?
 
We went into their classroom. Room 103 in the blue villiage, and started to play.  Me?  I got to fill out lots of paperwork and forms.  Double paperwork and forms.
 
They got to find their little cubby hole where they will have their supplies stored and where they will hang up their new backpacks.
 
I took some quick pics of their classroom this morning because I know I won't be able to be in here much.
 
It looks like lots of fun. Lots of books, dress=up clothes, and even a kitchen set!
 
We also stopped for a quick pic outside their room.
 
This is their teacher Miss Lindsay.  She seems really nice and I know they are going to love her!  It looks like Evie already does.  Presley is not too sure....
 
They were even trying to find their names on the bulletin board!
 
After I spent a long day at school getting ready for my own first day, it was home to paint some nails,
 
pass out some back to school cards to let my kids know how proud I am of them,
 
and hand out a special gift just for this night. 
Gracie got "The Night Before First Grade."

 
Evie and Presley got "The Night Before Preschool."  We read the books and they were totally cute and made me want to cry.  We talked about how they were going to make new friends, learn the ABC's, learn how to count, and have fun!
 
Gracie's new teacher, Miss Stewart, gave not only Gracie, but Evie and Presley some "ready confetti."  Totally cute!  We read the poem.
 
And got it ready to take to bed with us before we picked out our clothes for tomorrow and brushed our teeth.  
My kids are growing up and growing up fast.  I am so incrediably excited for all of them.  I know they are going to grow in their learning and grow with new friendships.  I only wish I could be there to see it all happen but hopefully they will be excited to tell me about it. I am so proud of all 3 of them and just want them to be the best they can be.  Stay tuned for tomorrow to see how the first day goes!

No comments: