It is with heavy heart that I write this tonight. I try not to make my blog sad and depressing,but rather happy because this is all about making memories for my kids to look back on someday. Sort of like an online scrapbook if you will. (mine are so far behind anyways, I will never catch up) I'll save the negativity for facebook. Ha!
Anyways, this really and truly has been one of the best summers yet. I feel like I did sooooo much with my kids and rarely did I let a day go to waste. We went so many places like the zoo, the children's museum, Blackberry Farms, parks, pools, beaches, splashpads, library, restaurants, and many othe places. (It helps that we are members to lots of these places too). We hung out with all our besties including, Scotty, Levi, Jackson, Shelby, Allie, Emma, Sean and Mia. We got to make lots of crafts, bake some yummy goodies, sing songs, hold dance parties, ead lots of books, take naps, take walks, and eat 3 meals a day together. Each day was fun and brought smiles to my face and memories were made. Sure not every day was easy and smooth. Trust me! But I would't have traded them for the world.
Tomorrow I head back. We have a whole new scheudule to follow this year with babysitters and Gracie's preschool. I am very sad to say that I will not be able to pick her up everyday as I did last year and I can't help but really be bitter about this one. I will not see the smile on her face when I walk into her classroom and she is so excited to show me what she made and what she did. I will not be able to see and talk to her teachers or the other parents. I will never get to see her little classmates and that makes me very sad. If you are lucky enough to be able to do this, count your lucky stars. I truly did love this last year. I know she'll still tell me about her day at school but several hours after the fact is not going to be the same.
It's going to take awhile to get into our new "routine." And days when Gracie fights me about going to the babysitters, I'll remember these days and we'll talk about them. Of course I have extreme guilt when my kids cry when I leave them and it breaks my heart. I know they'll be fine in a short time and I'll always be fine after a Starbucks. No matter what anyone says, being a fulltime working mama is hard!
You see the thing I am going to miss most is these faces. I know I still get to see them but it's not going to be the same. Instead of eating breakfast with them, I'll be setting up for the day. Instead of eating lunch with them, I'll be eating lunch thinking about the and talking and trading stories about them.
So goodbye summer of 2011. You truly have been fabulous and you will be missed greatly.

1 comment:
This made me want to cry Kris. Seriously...I wish so much that you could stay home with your kiddies full time. I can answer your last question...I know that even the hardest day at home is not worth trading for the best day at work. Well...maybe it is. Haha! But seriously, I know how hard it is for you to go back this year after having such a fun summer with the kids. Just keep focused on the weekends and holiday breaks and make the most of them like you did this summer. And hopefully, you will sell that townhome AND win the lotto so you can be a SAHM mommy FOREVER!! Love ya cuz.
Post a Comment