Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just one of life's lessons....

This new year has already taught me a very important lesson: some things are beyond our control. You hear about kids getting sick all the time, but when I was told of a child I know that has been recently diagnosed with a sickness, a sickness that has no causes, a sickness that requires great medical care and attention, my heart broke. I instantly pictured this sweet child's face and the pain that he had to undergo. I pictured his parents and thought about how their world just came crashing down around them. I thought of my own kids and said a prayer, thanking God that they are healthy. I can't even imagine what this family is going through. I can't even imagine the road that is ahead of them. And then suddenly all those small things that we complain about and think is unfair, don't even matter anymore. You can't help but wonder why? Why did this happen? Why to this child? All these unanswered questions seem unfair too. Some things are just beyond our control and all we can do is hope for the best. You have to put aside other things and just have faith. My thoughts are prayers go out to this family and I hope that the road that they are about to go down can be just a little easier with hope and faith. Please pray for sick kids everywhere. No one deserves to go through this kind of event, especially a child. Hug your kids tight and be thankful that they are healthy too. I know I will.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are SO right Kris! Every single day, when I have a moment of frustration with the kids, i think about all the families who would give anything for healthy children. I think about how much they wish they were home, watching the kids trash a playroom or color on the walls. Getting upset about such silly things is ridiculous when you think about it. Thanks for this reminder tonight. I will pray for that child and his family.