Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Potty Time!

Today was our first "down" day in awhile where we didn't have any plans. It was nice. We woke up early with the storm and just stayed in our jammies all day! I thought it would be prime opporunity to start potty training.  I have tried here and there but it was unsuccessful.  Gracie was 3 months shy of turning 3.  So I put the potty in the kitchen, stripped off diapers, and let them run around.  Of course they LOVE sitting on the potty and wiping themselves, using the entire roll of toilet paper and then we go wash our hands.  There was only 1 thing, sort of 2 things missing.....pee and poop! 
Evie DID go pee-pee in the potty twice!  Go Evie!  (it's gross, but you can see the wet, yellowish toilet paper in the bowl.  I was so proud of her and gave her stickers on her sticker chart to reward her.  Can you tell I'm a teacher?
Presley kept saying he was going but never did.  He did enjoy sitting on the potty though and celebrated when Evie went.

Like Gracie, I bought some speical things to help learn about the potty.  Gracie was into Elmo at that time so she got an Elmo potty book and video.  I thought the twins might like their own speical gifts to read on the potty so I headed off to the bookstore.
For Presley, I found this one.  He likes superheros and there are tabs to pull and things to open while reading.  It was a hit.
Evie got this book. It's really cute too.  It talks about how mommy and grandma use the potty and wear underwear too.  We read it about 20 times tonight.
We already have this book which is nice because not only does it talk about using the potty, it's one of those look and find books and the kids like that. 
But this book did catch my eye and I laughed out loud when I read the title.  Isn't it cute?  I didn't get it though. 

1 comment:

j.c. delgaudio said...

Try the towel potty training method.