Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gracie's First Time to the Dentist!

Today was big day for my Gracie Girl! She made her first trip to the dentist! She was super excited and couldn't wait to go! I choose a dentist that was close to our house and specialized in pediatric dentistry so it was super cute and comfortable. She hopped in the chair as soon as we got there.

The hygenist said that she was going to clean her teeth. So she did. Gracie did great with the sucky thing too. She was a pro. Gracie sat very still and did what the hygenist said. They didn't mind me taking pictures either. After cleaning, they flossed her teeth too. That's something I do not do so I better get on that. I barely floss my own teeth! Ha! Oh, I almost forgot about the magic glasses she got to wear so stuff wasn't spraying in her eyes. She got sparkly pink Dora ones. And for being such a good girl, she got to pick 3 prizes from the prize drawer! Oh by the way, she even cooperated for x-rays! Then dentist Dr. Tom came in and counted her teeth and checked them out. He spot some cavities due to using bottles/sippy cups so we have to go back for a consultation next week about getting them filled. Great! That made me feel like an awesome mom. First time at the dentist and she has cavities. We brush our teeth everyday twice a day. They assured me that they see this a lot and told me what we can do to prevent this from happening more. We need to work on using "big girl" toothpaste too. She needs the flouride so we got to work on this spitting thing. They also told me she already has a big overbite so be prepared for orthodontic work in the future. Awesome. So we'll say how it goes next time. I am just so proud of my little girl and that she did so well.

9 comments:

Jen said...

We took Addie to Dr. Tom back in March for her first visit! Wasn't there office great? I loved them and so did Addie. We will be back in October again and I think I might take Blake. Lord help me. Haha! Glad Gracie did so well!

Samuel said...

Looks like she handled the dentist quite excellently! Good job and congratulations to her. Kids are seemingly less scared of dentists these days. The procedure is made fun for them, so that helps a lot.

-Samuel Hershey

Nannie Livingstone said...

I’ve never seen a kid as excited as Gracie about her first dental visit! What did you do to make her feel so excited and happy going to the dentist? Well, whatever you did, it certainly worked! Keep it up!

Adrian Jumaquio said...

Wow Gracie is a brave little girl I remember when it is my first time, I was scared and couldn't smile at all. I wonder if my kid will be as brave as her? You did a wonderful job raising her.

Beverly Ann Tribiana said...

What a fearless kid you have there! I remember, when I was at her age, I used to run away from my mom whenever she brings me to a dentist. It's really amazing and amusing to look at how your daughter acts like a mature girl.

Marc Kevin Constantino said...

A round of applause for brave Gracie! I remember the time when I was a kid and there was no pediatric dentists, so it's not hard to imagine the fear in the other kids' hearts. And you did a good job to, needless to say you're a great mom just like everybody who ensures their kids' teeth, health and hygiene.

Warren Noble said...

Well, first time is always the best time. Just by reading this, I could picture a proud mom and a happy daughter, with her new healthy set of teeth. Good job!

Wallace Tucker said...

Awww! Gracie looks adorable. Good to know her first trip went well. She didn't show any nervousness at all - not even an ounce! How well-behaved of her! I hope the next trip went even better though, when she finally got the cavities filled. Keep us updated! :)

Wallace Tucker @ Robert Kelleher, DDS

Dorothy Payne said...

How cute can Gracie Girl be? She's adorably tiny compared to that huge dental chair. Hahaha! Anyway, I'm glad that you quickly took action against her cavities. I hope her teeth has been faring well. Just don't let her forget to floss and brush regularly. All the best!

Dorothy Payne